Are you saying Goodbye to your old machine and thinking about buying a new one? Desktop or Laptop; the answer depends on the purpose for which you are going to use it. If you work in a park, then carrying a desktop will be annoying for you. If you are a game lover, then a laptop will not be a good option for you!!
Assess the following Six Factors while thinking about a “Desktop or Laptop”:
Laptops are often expensive. You can avail of a desktop with more features at a similar cost. Peripherals cost will also add to the total amount of a desktop computer.
Desktops consume more power; they have a better cooling system which helps them to perform better.
It is easy to move a laptop from one place to another as it has designed for unreachable mobility.
Laptops offer more comfort as compared to desktops. You can put a laptop on your legs while sitting. But, it is impossible in the case of a desktop computer!
It is easier to change the old components of a desktop with the new ones. The laptops are more compact, and performing this type of operation with them is difficult.
Desktop components have better abilities to fight against overheating due to a better cooling system. This feature makes a desktop computer reliable and long-lasting.
Desktop or Laptop: Pros and Cons
1. Benefits of Desktops:
- A range of pricing is available in the market today.
- These have powerful processors.
- These computers are highly capable of gaming.
- It is easy to upgrade and repair them.
- They have a larger screen size.
2. Limitations of Desktops:
- This category of computers occupies more space.
- Power consumption is high.
3. Benefits of Laptops:
- These computers are portable.
- Due to assembly and ease of Internet connectivity, they are easy to use.
- Power consumption is lower.
- They have a smaller screen size.
4. Limitations of Laptops:
- Due to its compact size, it can be hard to use the attached keyboard and mouse. However, you can buy these components separately for easy usage.
- A range of pricing is available. To purchase a high-tech laptop computer can be expensive.
- These are less compatible with gaming.
- It is harder to upgrade a laptop as compared to a desktop.
- They are at risk of theft due to smaller sizes.
- They are prone to damage. It is costly to repair this category of computers.
Desktop or Laptop: Which one is better to use?
As desktops operate at full power, they are best for heavy use like 3D modeling, video editing, and database-related tasks. Due to better cooling and upgradability, desktops have been the first choice of gamers. They are best due to a price-to-performance ratio. When it comes to portability, laptops are always winners.
A desktop designed for intense tasks. A laptop designed for everyday tasks. If you prefer maximum performance over portability, then a desktop will be your choice. Desktop or Laptop: It depends on which one fulfils your needs well.